Monday, October 1, 2012

Meet Anna the Intern


Hello All!

I am the new intern for Hamomi!  I started back in July. I am beyond excited to have joined the Hamomi team and community. A little about me:

I'm originally from Ithaca, NY but spent the last two and a half years at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. I’m double majoring in International Affairs and Human Services – hopefully with a minor in African Studies.  I absolutely LOVE to travel and explore new places and cultures – my most recent adventure landed me in none other than the wonderful Kenya – oddly enough doing a research project unrelated to Hamomi.

So, how did a girl from Upstate New York going to school in Boston end up moving to Seattle to work for a school in Kenya?  Northeastern has a program called Co-op that is sort of a 6-months-on, 6-months-off model.  For 6 months students do internships related to their field of study, and spend the other half of the year taking classes.  While visiting a friend in Seattle last December I was connected with the wonderful Susie Marks and a plan was divulged to potentially create my own Co-op position with Hamomi.  Fast-forward six months….and here I am!

It has been a few months and I would argue that I have the best co-op anyone has ever had.  The entire Hamomi team has been so welcoming and patient in helping me settle into things.  I’m excited to contribute to all of the different projects going on here!

Best,
Anna

























No comments:

Post a Comment